How to Beat Giovanni – Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go has released a new event featuring Team Rocket. Learn how to beat Giovanni the leader of the crime syndicate here!
- Contents [show]
- team rocket has invaded pokemon go!
- what is pokemon go?
- how to beat giovanni
- how to find giovanni
- giovanni’s team
- download pokemon go
- faq (frequently asked questions)
- what is pokemon go?
- is pokemon go free?
- how does pokemon go work?
- how do you battle in pokemon go?
Team Rocket Has Invaded Pokemon Go!
Look out trainers! The crime syndicate known as Team Rocket is, once again, up to no good. And what have they acquired this time? The legendary beast Suicune is under the control of the leader of Team Rocket himself, Giovanni.
Member of the evil organization can be seen patrolling the streets at various times and locations. You can always find them in their hot air balloons.
Do you think you have what it takes to take them on and rescue Suicune from the clutches of Giovanni? Well, you’re in luck, we’ve acquired a few strategies on just how to accomplish this feat. So, stick around and you can learn how to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go!
What is Pokemon Go?
For those who are unfamiliar – Pokemon Go is a mobile game created by Niantic and the Pokemon Company. In this game, you can take off on a journey as your very own trainer and raise as many Pocket Monsters as possible.
The major difference from this mobile game and the traditional games is clear: The Pokemon have come to our world! That’s right, you can go outside to various locations and find any of these lovable and cool creatures hiding in everyday locations.
This is closest thing to Pokemon that we will ever have in the real world. So marvel in awe and enjoy yourself! Grab your bag and pokeballs and head out on your journey to become a Pokemon Master.
How to Beat Giovanni
Now, beating Giovanni will be no easy task at all. You’ll need to be a season Pokemon trainer with lots of experience under your belt. If your team isn’t properly raised, you won’t be able to do anything in the face of the Team Rocket leader.
The key to defeating him is exploiting each of his team members’ weaknesses. Additionally, you’ll need to have stocked up on some pretty strong Pokemon with powerful moves.
- You can use TMs in order to adjust the moves of your Pokemon. Make sure to have decent fast moves and charged moves in order to unleash the most DPS (damage per second).
- Your Pokemon should have a high CP. Make sure to catch as many Pokemon and level us as much as possible to maximize the CP of your team. The more experienced, the better chance you’ll have.
How to Find Giovanni
In order to find Giovanni, you’ll need to have completed the first four stages of the Pokemon Go Looming in the Shadows research first. You would have had a Rocket Radar to find the grunts of Team Rocket. After completing the research, you would have obtained the Super Rocket Radar.
Team Rocket members will be hiding in various PokeStops. Once you spin the stop, you’ll have an encounter. Eventually, after enough spins, you’ll have an encounter with the big boss himself.
Relax if you don’t encounter him the first time, eventually you’ll be able to get your battle against Giovanni.
Next, we will go over each of Giovanni’s team members and how to counter them. Make sure to have prepared in advance.
- Similar to the other Team Leaders of the past, each of Giovanni’s Pokemon has 2 protect shields. This means, they can guard themselves against 2 attacks. Make sure not to waste your charged attacks during these instances.
- Giovanni will use 3 Pokemon. However, the first one will always be Persian. Likewise, his last one will always be the Shadow Suicune. Although, his second choice will vary between three different options.
Persian will always be the first Pokemon sent out into battle. This cocky feline is a Normal-type. He also has access to Normal, Dark, Fairy, and Rock type attacks. Although Fighting-Types are best used against Persian, there is one fact to keep in mind: Persian is the weakest of the three.
We recommend starting with your strongest Pokemon and get their charged move ready in advance. Once they have their Charge ready, switch out into one of the following:
The following Pokemon are listed from Best to Worst options:
|Lucario||Counter / Power-Up Punch|
|Machamp||Counter / Cross Chop|
|Blaziken||Counter / Blaze Kick|
|Poliwrath||Mud Shot / Power-Up Punch|
Next would be the Ground-type, Dugtrio. His weakness lies in Water, Ice, and Grass-types. We recommend the following, in order to dispose of him as quickly as possible (In Togekiss’s case, he can lower the attacks of opposing Pokemon).
|Gyarados||Waterfall / Dragon Pulse|
|Torterra||Razor Leaf / Frenzy Plant|
|Articuno||Frost Breath / Hurricane|
|Togekiss||Charm / Dazzling Gleam|
Nidoking is another Ground-type Pokemon. But, he has a type combination with Poison, making him also susceptible to psychic types. Additionally, Steel types, can tank a few of his Poison moves (but they must be wary of Ground attacks).
|Empoleon||Waterfall / Hydro Cannon|
|Jirachi||Confusion / Doom Desire|
|Kyogre||Waterfall / Surf|
|Dialga||Dragon Breath / Iron Head|
Garchomp just might be the toughest member in Giovanni’s team, aside from Suicune. Be wary of this Dragon / Ground-type Psuedo Legendary. He packs a punch. Dragon, Ice, and especially Fairy-types are great counters to him.
|Articuno||Icy Wind / Icy Shard|
|Glaceon||Frost Breath / Ice Beam|
|Gardevoir||Charm / Psychic|
|Dragonite||Dragon Breath / Dragon Claw|
Last, but not least, the final and Legendary Pokemon in Giovanni’s team Suicune. This extremely powerful Water-type can be washed away with a powerful Electric or Grass-type at your disposal.
|Raikou||Volt Switch / Wild Charge|
|Magnezone||Spark / Wild charge|
|Mew||Volt Switch / Wile Charge|
|Kyurem||Dragon Breath / Dragon Claw|
And there you have it. If you follow all of these tips, you should be able to beat Giovanni!
Download Pokemon Go
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Pokemon Go?
- Pokemon Go is a mobile game developed by Niantic. In it, you can freely catch pokemon from real life location in real-time. Additionally, you can battle, train and play alongside friends.
Is Pokemon Go free?
- Although Pokemon Go is free, there are a few micro-transactions included to make the game easier, as well as obtaining cosmetic items.
How does Pokemon Go work?
- As a trainer, you must walk around in the real world in search of Pokemon. Once they are spotted, you can tap on them to initiate a battle. Swipe your pokeball upwards towards the Pokemon in order to catch it.
How do you battle in Pokemon Go?
- Once you have reached a gym, select it. You can send a team of six Pokemon to fight against the opposing gym.