How to install APK, OBB file and fix the related issues
1. What is .APK File?
Android Package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for the distribution and installation of mobile apps and middleware.
APK files are a type of archive file, specifically in zip format-type packages, based on the JAR file format, with .apk as the filename extension.
Allow installing third-party apps on your device
If you want to install the game or application through the APK, you must make sure the phone is allowed to install third-party apps. Do this by going to Settings » Additional Information » Privacy » Turn on Unknown sources
How to install APK file?
Step 1: Download an APK game/app file from TechBigs.Com for your Android or tablet. Click to open the downloaded file. Step 2: Click INSTALL and wait for the process to complete! Step 3: Click Done to finish or click Open to open the file.
2. What is OBB?
OBB is an additional data file for the app. Some need them to work, while some don’t.
If you see the OBB download link in posts on TechBigs, then you need to download them.
How to Installing an app with OBB data?
In the case of the application you want to install have an OBB, follow these steps:
- Download APK from TechBigs and install (Don’t open it after installation - Click "Done" only)
- Download the OBB file and unzip it.
- Copy the folder you got to
- Check & open the application.
For example, in case you want to install PUBG Mobile APK, you will need:
- Download the APK of PUBG from TechBigs and install ( Don’t open it after installation)
- Download OBB (com.tencent.ig.zip file) and unzip it, you will get the com.tencent.ig folder.
- Copy the folder com.tencent.ig to
- Checking and ensuring the full path of the .obb file will look similar to the following:
- After you have copied the OBB folder to the correct path, just open PUBG and fight.
3. Common Problems and Their Fixes
1. “App not installed” Error
If you get this error while trying to install the app, it may be for several reasons. Take each of the following measures:
- First, check that this is the only version of the app on your phone. You may have already installed an older version of the app back then so uninstall it first.
- Then, if the problem is still there, it is also possible that the Play Protect feature is turned on, please turn off Play Protect: Open the Google Play Store app - At the top right, tap the profile icon - Tap Play Protect - Tap Settings symbol at the top right - Turn Scan apps with Play Protect off.
- Lastly, if the problem is still there, it may be that your phone doesn’t support this APK file.
If all else fails, try to restart your device.
2. “Download failed because you may not have purchased this app” Error
If you get this problem, it means you were downloading an app with an OBB but you forgot the OBB. Then, you just need to download the OBB from Techbigs.
But if you’ve copied the OBB correctly but the problem is still there, you may need to download the original version from Google Play Store first then uninstall it. After that, install the APK/OBB again.