1. What is .APK File?
Android Package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile apps and middleware. APK files are a type of archive file, specifically in zip format-type packages, based on the JAR file format, with .apk as the filename extension.
Allow installing third-party apps on your device
If you want to install the game or application through the APK, you must make sure the phone is allowed to install third-party apps. Do this by going to Settings » Additional Information » Privacy » Turn on Unknown sources
How to install APK file
Step 1: Download an apk game / app file on TechBigs.Com for your Android or tablet. Click to open the downloaded file. Step 2: Click INSTALL and wait for the process to complete! Step 3: Click Done to finish or click Open to open the file.
2. What is Obb?
Obb is an additional data file for the app. Some need them to work, while some don’t. If you see the Obb download link in posts on TechBigs, then you need to download them.
How to Installing app with Obb data
In the case of the application you want to install have an OBB, follow these steps:
- Download APK from TechBigs and install (Don’t open it after installation)
- Download Obb and unzip it.
- Copy the folder you got to
- Check & open the application.
For example, in case you want to install PUBG Mobile APK, you will need:
- Download the APK of PUBG from TechBigs and install ( Don’t open it after installation)
- Download Obb (com.tencent.ig.zip file) and unzip it, you will get the com.tencent.ig folder.
- Copy the folder com.tencent.ig to
- Checking and ensuring the full path of the .obb file will look similar to the following:
- After you have copied the obb folder to the correct path, just open PUBG and fight.
3. Common problems when installing APK
1. Error “App not installed”
Take each of the following measures: a, If you get this error, you may have another version of the app (already on the phone) that you are trying to install. Please uninstall it first! b, It is also possible that the Play Protect feature is turned on, please turn off Play Protect! c, This error may also occur because your phone does not support this APK file. d, If you have done all the above and still cannot fix the problem, try restarting the device!
2. Error “Download failed because you may not have purchased this app”
This error usually occurs with apps contain OBB, it seems that you forgot to download OBB. What if even if you copied the OBB to the correct position and still got an error? Try installing the original version from Google Play first, then uninstall it. And try to install the APK / OBB again!