How to Delete an Instagram Account Permanently
Here you can learn how to delete an Instagram account permanently from your device. Get rid of your pesky social media once and for all.
- Contents [show]
Permanently Deleting Your IG Account?
Are you sick and tired of the drama that comes with social media? If so, you can choose to get rid of your account once and for all. Here, we will explain the simple procedures to permanently delete your Instagram account from existence.
When you choose to delete you Instagram account, you will permanently lose the following: Profile photos, comments, followers, videos, and likes. There will be no way for you to retrieve the information once it is lost upon deletion.
Furthermore, if you still wish to have this information present, you should just choose to temporarily delete your account.
In addition, once the account has been deleted, you will not be able to remake an account with the same username. On top of that, you won’t be able to add any accounts with the same name.
In the end, there is no way for Instagram to re-create any of the following, once you have deleted your account. All of this information will be forever lost within the archives of Instagram.
Proceed with caution.
How to Delete and Instagram Account Permanently
You can follow along with these instructions if you are fully prepared to delete your Instagram account. Let’s begin with the process on how to permanently delete your account on Instagram:
- First, you will need to open up Instagram on your mobile device or computer browser. From there, you can select “Delete your account”. Additionally, if you are using a PC browser for this process, you will need to first login to your Instagram account.
- Now, you will need to select your reason for “Why are you deleting your account”. Selecting an answer will allow you the option to permanently delete your account. So, make sure to select an answer first. Once selected, you will be asked to type in your password again.
- Now you can click the option to “Permanently delete account”. Take a minute to ensure this is the decision you want to make. After selecting, there is no way to return to this account.
In addition, you can delete another account besides your own by:
- Logging out of your Instagram account by selecting the options bar on the top right your account page.
- Re-login using the other account you wish to delete.
Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
Now, if you only wish to disable your account for a short while, this can be done quite easily as well. Again, follow along with your device if you are fully prepared to do this:
- To begin, you cannot disable your account from the Instagram app. You will need to either use your computer browser or open up your web browser first.
- Now, login to your account, directly from the web browser.
- Net you will need to go to your account page and select “Edit your profile”.
- Scroll down the options in order to find the choice, “Temporarily disable account”.
- Just like with the option to delete your IG, you will be asked, “Why are you disabling your account?” Answer the question and retype your password one final time.
- Finally, click on “Temporarily disable account” to finish the process.
There you go! You have successfully learned how to both disable or delete your account from Instagram. For your own reasons, we hope you have found this guide helpful.