How to Change Instagram Icon – From New to Old
Learn how to change icon on Instagram from the newest to any of the older ones. This guide shows you how to customize your Instagram icon to the one you want.
- Contents [show]
Celebrating 10 Years of Instagram
Congratulations to the Instagram application for hitting its 10-year anniversary last month! And as a special thank you to all of their users, the team has given the option to change the image of the application icon! That’s correct, you can change the image of the IG app to any of the previous ones of the past. And, there have been new images added specifically to celebrate the anniversary of the application.
So don’t waste any more time. Let’s have a quick history lesson of the old icons that has come and gone with the app. Then, we’ll show you how you can change the icon yourself.
History of the Instagram Icon
The Instagram application has been around for a little more than 10 years already. That means there are various changes to the original icon that have been made over the years.
As you can see, Instagram’s original icon looks almost nothing like how it doesn’t in the current day. Beginning 2010, once the social media application as first released, the icon took on the form of a polaroid camera. This was actually something that looks a little unfitting, to be honest It’s no wonder that the icon immediately changed in the same year.
Afterwards, they changed the icon to a beige DSLR camera with brown trim on the upper parting. In addition, there was a rainbow-like strip on the upper left side of the camera. This strip showcased the following colors, from left to right: red, yellow, green, and. These are followed by the word “INST”, short for Instagram, directly under the strip.
This is probably a more familiar look to the most common icon people associate Instagram with in the past. However, there are still a few minor differences from the longest running icon. For one, the image is very flat with heavy shadows on the outline. This gave the picture a very sharp and flat look to it.
Ultimately, the stylistic choice of shades didn’t appeal as much as the team had originally hoped. Therefore, it was time for another change…
Now, we’ve reached the icon that most people who have been using Instagram near its inception are more familiar with. This one is a remodel of the previous DSLR camera image. There have been a few tweaks to appeal to the general audience. And we have to say, these changes were definitely for the better.
The differences are as followed:
- First, the outline of the image has been toned down to a lighter shade. This makes the camera seem a lot smoother and easy to look at.
- Additionally, more shadow has been added to the lower right side of the image. At the same time, lighting has been added to the entirety of the mid-to-left section of the image. All of this gives the camera a soft and more realistic look. Doing so also makes the image a lot more pleasant to the eyes.
- The strip has also been made much wider in comparison to the older model. Alongside this, the word below has been extended. Now, it reads “Insta”, having also changed the proceeding letters to lowercase.
- The last touch is a blue tint added to the camera lenses and flash. This is to even out the rest of the shading to give the camera a fully-realistic and detailed look.
This icon has definitely appealed to the audience for a long time coming. It’s no wonder that this specific image has been the longest to stick with the brand.
The final icon used for Instagram is the one we are familiar with now. This one is a mixture of many warm colors. In addition, the camera has been made a lot smaller and simplified. There is no detailing made to the camera and the overall shape is represented with white.
All-in-all, we personally preferred the previous logo used. However, others may have a different opinion. Don’t get us wrong, the icon is still very good; it’s better not to overcomplicate the image. And, simplicity allows users to leave more to their imagination.
In the end, all of these different images are subjective. Anyone can like whichever they prefer. So, we have taken the time to show you exactly how to change the Instagram icon with little difficulty.
How to Change Icon on Instagram Guide?
Now that we’ve covered what needed to be gone over, let’s start to the real reason why you’re here: Learning how to change Instagram icon in a flash.
The following steps can be done in just a few minutes. So, there’s no need to worry. And these steps can be done on both iOS and Android devices. So, regardless of your smartphone, you can retrieve any of the previous icons of IG.
- First of all, you will need to head to your App Store and check for any updates. After this, you can open up your Instagram app on either your iPhone or Android smartphone/mobile device.
- Next, you’ll need to head over to the Profile icon located on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Here, you can tap ono the top-right menu icon.
- From this menu, you’ll want to select the Settings option available.
- Once you’ve gotten to the settings, you can scroll up as much as possible until you see the line of emojis and confetti.
- If you continue to scroll, you will be redirected to the entire roster of Instagram icons. There, you can switch between both anniversary special images and the previous images of the past.
And don’t worry, you will be able to change the icon back to its original at any time. It all depends on which one you like the most. So, continue to experiment with all of the different images and choose the one that suits your style.